Thursday, February 7, 2013

Tail Wheel Endorsement

I got my tail wheel endorsement today! We flew Naples (KAPF) to Immokalee (KIMM) to La Belle (X14) where they have a grass strip alongside the runway, and back to Naples.

All in all, it took a lot of three-point landings, wheel landings in crosswinds, zooming around the runways (but never a ground loop!), grass field landings, and soft field take offs. In fact, counting up all three separate days of flight training here in Florida, I believe we did 75 landings and take-offs.

Here is a link to Cloud Ahoy's record of the flight, recorded by my iPad as we flew it today.

I assembled some in-the-cockpit camera video into a YouTube record of what some of the training looked like.  As the below video shows, there were a few bounces, some "go-arounds", and for me -- a new landing technique -- the turning side-slip in a crosswind to make a landing. 


Getting my tailwheel endorsement was a great learning experience for me as a pilot.  Thanks go to my CFI, Ted Brousseau and his trusty, ever-so-forgiving Cessna 140A. 

No comments:

Post a Comment